Job Title: CONFERENCE/EVENT ASSISTANT
Reports to: Project Manager Status: Full-time/Exempt
Assists Project Manager in the production of conferences, events and special projects. Includes but is not limited to:
- Creates, maintain, proofread and communicate written meeting specifications throughout the planning process
- Review final hotel and supplier invoices for accuracy
- Assists Event Planners with preparation of post event reports and final summaries
- Prepare client correspondence and assist with client communications when necessary
- Assist in the updating of databases
- Contact facilities and suppliers for requested information
- Monitor mail, voicemail and email
- Assists in tracking event contracts and proposals
- Takes responsibility for registration area at event.
- Maintain and monitors event website pages
- Create and send follow up letters for each event, as well as thank you cards and surveys
- Create and send reminder notices to conference attendees
- Maintain accurate and organized files for each event
- Maintain ability to be flexible to customers needs
- Prepares all required administrative reports and distributes in a timely manner as required
- Answers telephone promptly and consistently and direct calls when necessary
- Responds to voicemails in a timely manner
- Provides friendly, courteous, polite and helpful customer service
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES DESIRED:
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Word processing and data entry skills.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize workload independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstration of attention to detail and task oriented
- Confidence to interact with conference attendees, presenters, vendors, external clients and all levels of management.
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule as needed and to travel weekdays/weekends if required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in communications, hospitality, public relations, marketing or business.
Experience: Some work experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the requirements listed above.
Special Skills:Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and be comfortable with the mail merge function in MS Word. Must type no less than 50 WPM.
Certifications & Licenses: None required.
Physical Requirements: Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 80 lbs. with appropriate equipment. Must be able to sit for long periods of time and, when necessary, move frequently and quickly around large areas.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Kesselman-Jones, Inc. PO Box 30182 Albuquerque, NM 87190
or via email to: HR@KessJones.com
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Kesselman-Jones is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.