Job Title: REGISTRATION/CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST
Reports to: Project Manager Status: Full-time/Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide extensive telephone, email and face-to-face customer relations with current, potential and past conference attendees.
- Builds and monitors registration databases
- Answers telephones, responding to inquiries as able or routing call to correct individual, takes messages for screened calls;
- Greets and directs visitors.
- Performs a variety of routine administrative assignments; including data entry, labels, reports, and/or other materials; drafts and sends correspondence.
- Tracks inventory of materials coming to and leaving from office.
- Sorts, screens, and distributes mail; drafts or prepares responses to routine inquiries; prepares photocopies and facsimiles, and operates a variety of office equipment.
- Supervises outgoing mail/shipments.
- Supports Company President and Event team as needed.
- Coordinates and oversees the day-to-day management of supplies, equipment, and facilities for the organization, as appropriate, to include maintenance, inventory management, and related activities.
- Assist in preparation of attendee materials including name badge production, session ticketing, registration packets, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Excellent telephone skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment.
- Ability to prepare and print routine correspondence, labels, and/or other basic written material.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Education: High school diploma or GED; college degree preferred. At least 2 years of office experience.
Experience: 2 years office experience or transferable skills.
Special Skills:Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and be comfortable with the mail merge function in MS Word. Must type no less than 50 WPM.
Certifications & Licenses: None required.
Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 80 lbs. with appropriate equipment. Must be able to sit for long periods of time and, when necessary, move frequently and quickly around large areas.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Kesselman-Jones, Inc. PO Box 30182 Albuquerque, NM 87190
or via email to: HR@KessJones.com
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Kesselman-Jones is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.