Job Title: PROJECT/EVENT MANAGER
Reports to: Senior Project Manager Status: Full-time/Exempt
- Accomplished industry professional with excellent knowledge and thorough comprehension of event logistics and management of events
- Excellent management of multiple tasks, responsibilities and projects in a fast paced dynamic environment with great attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technological aptitude
- Strong financial management
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with clients and upper management, articulate and comfortable with speaking in public.
- Demonstrates effective negotiation techniques
- Strong analysis and judgment skills
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Ability to travel work extended hours
- Clearly understand Client’s business and industry to better understand Client objectives and insure support of their goals; understand Client’s business challenges in order to help “solve” for them
- Primary interface with Company’s clients as part of service delivery and execution; acts independently serving as a relationship manager representing Company in dealing with our clients and other team members
- For designated accounts, lead KJPros process to ensure exceptional strategic deliverables to each Client while maximizing efficiencies
- Develop and manage project timelines ensuring deliverables are completed on time and as agreed upon (internally and externally)
- Manage projects effectively and efficiently by appropriately utilizing KJ resources, always ensuring client’s needs and expectations are met. Lead and manage designated account teams providing feedback and guidance.
- Develop and manage project budgets/expenses, assuming fiscal responsibility for them
- Track and monitor project hours accordingly and ensure appropriate billing to Clients
- Accountable for understanding client’s meeting and event processes and procedures, identifies and resolve challenges based on the processes, builds and maintains positive client relations through exceptional communications and with practical support
- Effectively plan, anticipate, and take appropriate action in a proactive manner while exercising sound judgment in all situations and interactions; considers impact of action or inaction
- Oversight of all activities related to client deliverables and meetings solutions, while exchanging relevant information in an organized manner to all parties involved
- Develops and delivers timely and relevant client and activity reporting in a clear manner utilizing information necessary for effective communication
- Recognizes limitations and engages others when the need arises in support of the client and their needs
- Manages and delivers consistently on commitments and results which are based on communicated client and Company expectations
- Utilizes time effectively and efficiently to successfully manage multiple activities and deadlines simultaneously
- Understands and adhere to all standard operating procedures, compliance guidelines and client business rules as provided on a per meeting or per engagement basis
- Ensure Company is updated on all relevant program elements to ensure accurate program support and billing
- Create, establish and help implement best practices, streamlined efficiencies and program enhancements.
- Ensure quality Client relationships – demonstrate expertise, honesty and solid listening skills in order to build credibility and trust with Clients
- Seek out new contacts and strengthen company relationships with all stakeholders
- Consistently demonstrate the value of Kesselman-Jones services to Clients and collectively strategize with team on new opportunities.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in communications, hospitality, public relations, marketing, business.
Experience: 3 years event management experience, preferably in conferences. 2 years project/client management.
Special Skills. Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite, this includes Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. Type 50 WPM.
Certifications & Licenses: CMP a plus, not required.
Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 30 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 80 lbs. with appropriate equipment. Must be able to sit for long periods of time and, when necessary, move frequently and quickly around large areas.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Kesselman-Jones, Inc. PO Box 30182 Albuquerque, NM 87190
or via email to: HR@KessJones.com
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Kesselman-Jones is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.