If you are a licensed professional, it is very likely that your licensing board requires ongoing continuing education. Kesselman-Jones is pleased to serve as the CEU administrator for many of the conferences we manage. In this capacity we complete and submit extensive applications for board approval and collect, process, and maintain the required documentation for up to 5 years. Here are some tips to help you navigate the continuing education process:
1. It is the responsibility of each licensee to keep abreast of current rules and regulations of your board regarding continuing education requirements, acceptable continuing education courses, programs and sponsors, and documentation and deadlines.
2. Make sure you are familiar with the conference’s rules for receiving credit. This could include signing in or out, how and when you receive your certificate of attendance and if you are required to do a pre or post-test or evaluation. Notification is typically posted on the conference web site and/or conference program. Please understand that most of the rules associated with continuing education are determined by the licensing boards and not the conference organizer. If a conference is found to not be in compliance with the board’s guidelines, they could lose their ability to grant continuing education credit for future events and the validity of the continuing education offered at the conference could be in question.
3. Complete all continuing education affiliated paperwork neatly and entirely. This documentation is most likely being collected so that a report can be filed with the licensing boards following the conference. Incomplete or illegible information will not be included in the report.
4. Expenses for continuing education, when taken to maintain and improve professional skills, are tax deductible. Consult your accountant for complete details.
5. Providing CEUs have associated application and administrative fees. It is up to the conference sponsor to determine if participants will be charged any additional fees to receive credits.
Requesting a Copy of Your certificate of attendance
To request a copy of a certificate of attendance after a Kesselman-Jones produced event, submit a request with your name, the name of the conference and the dates with a self-addressed stamped envelope and a processing fee of $15 made payable to Kesselman-Jones, Inc. A certificate will only be mailed if all appropriate documentation (i.e. paid registration, sign in/out form) was submitted AT the conference. Mail your request to:
PO Box 30182
Albuquerque, NM 87190
Please allow 7 – 10 days for processing.