Are you interested in using your communication, project management, and customer service skills to make a difference in the lives of New Mexicans?
Kesselman-Jones, Inc., a communications and event management firm with an exclusive focus on non-profit and governmental clients is looking for a responsible Event Coordinator to administer and coordinate the logistics for numerous virtual and in-person educational training workshops on a variety of topics including teen suicide, opioid addiction, mental health first aid, water reduction, and covid testing in the schools.
The trainings you coordinate will have a direct impact on the lives of New Mexicans!
The Event Coordinator oversees the entire training timeline, serves as the liaison between Kesselman-Jones, Inc. and clients, and assist with reporting and communications. In all, they are responsible for the details of the client and participants’ training experience, from registration to feedback survey submission. To succeed in this role, they should have excellent time management and communication skills, as they will collaborate with clients and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines. Activities are expected to be carried out with minor supervision.
- Provide day-of support for virtual and in-person trainings and events.
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
- Coordinate and communicate with client, trainers, vendors, and participants.
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Organize, attend, and report out at stakeholder meetings
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports
- Maintain and monitor training website pages and calendar
- Respond to questions from training participants and the public via telephone and email
- Support registration, marketing, continuing education, and other event or training components
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Desired:
- Strong technology skills and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Experience with virtual trainings and learning management systems (Preferred)
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organizational, time management and collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Experience in customer service
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstration of attention to detail and task-oriented
- Ability to be flexible to customers’ needs
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule as needed and to travel weekdays/weekends if required
You might be a GREAT fit for this position if you …
- Are already located in or willing to relocate to New Mexico.
- Have a working knowledge of WordPress (HTML, CSS a plus)
- Hands-on experience with project management platforms (e.g., Asana or Monday, Airtable)
- Enjoy developing and implementing processes.
- Know what an LMS system; or better yet, have worked with one.
You should not apply to this position if you…
- Are not comfortable learning new technology.
- Only like to work on one project at a time.
- Get flustered by change.
- Type with two fingers or while looking at the keyboard.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years in an office environment
- Type min 50 WPM
- Ability to work on a computer for prolonged lengths of time
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
- Must be willing to travel in the state
- Valid driver’s license
· Competitive salary and health insurance
Send cover letter, resume to HR@kessjones.com, or apply through indeed.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.75 – $21.00 per hour
Customers are not coming to our offices. Staff is working part remote and part in the office and social distanced.