Kesselman-Jones, Inc., a communications firm specializing in conference and event management is seeking a full-time conference event coordinator. This position is an outstanding opportunity for individuals interested in learning about all aspects of event management. Individual will support a variety of clients and projects. Specific job requirements include but are not limited to:
- Assists with planning, implementation, and production of all live and virtual event components including but not limited to vendor relationships, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, continuing education, evaluation, logistics, volunteers, event marketing, registration and event technology.
- Performs complex administrative duties, with little supervision, exercising confidentiality, independent discretion, and judgment.
- Maintains current information in databases for exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, attendees.
- Develops event specific organizational tools such as timelines, contact lists, schedules.
- Represents Kesselman-Jones and the Client in a positive manner at all times, including working with staff, volunteers, and vendors.
- Prepares meeting notices and minutes and support documents..
- Develop and/or proofread materials related to events including external communications, printed event materials (including but not limited to signage, programs, etc.).
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and files for all projects.
- Works at events as directed including preparation, set-up, event execution and tear-down.
- Maintain and monitors event website and app pages
- Assists in performing regular administrative duties in a timely and efficient manner; including but not limited to recording and tracking contracts and payments, reviewing and submitting event related invoices for payment, writing acknowledgement and thank you letters, assembling solicitation packets, creating and updating databases, researching venues and vendors, writing solicitation letters, executing mass mailings.
- Train and work with volunteers.
- Provides friendly, courteous, polite and helpful customer service via phone and email.
- Compiles post event wrap up reports, evaluations and client summaries.
- Carries out any additional assignments required to meet client demands.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES DESIRED:
You might be a good fit for this position if you…
- Have an eye for detail and are an excellent copyeditor.
- Are a creative problem-solver.
- Are comfortable making administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Are able to quickly adapt to changes in systems and processes.
- Can work independently as well as in a team.
- Have the confidence to interact with conference attendees, presenters, vendors, external clients and all levels of management.
- Are already located in or willing to relocate to New Mexico.
- Have at least two years of administrative experience.
You might be a GREAT fit for this position if you…
- Can make basic edits in WordPress, CSS, and/or HTML.
- Have some social media experience
- Have experience running virtual meetings, especially in Zoom.
- Are familiar with project management software, like Monday or Asana.
- Love learning new technology.
- Google everything.
You should not apply to this position if…
- You are not comfortable learning new technology.
- You do not enjoy taking a project and running with it.
- You are not comfortable making phone calls and talking to people you don’t know.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in communications, hospitality, public relations, marketing or business.
- Some work experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the requirements listed above.
- Type min 50 WPM.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Competitive salary, health and insurance
Send COVER LETTER, resume and salary requirements to Kesselman-Jones, Inc., PO Box 30182, Albuquerque, NM 87190 or email HR@KessJones.com.