Job Title: Full Charge Bookkeeper
Reports to: Project Manager Status: Full-time/Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The responsibilities of this job include the overseeing of Kesselman-Jones, Inc.’s bookkeeping functions. Specific job requirements include:
- A/P, A/R, and Payroll
- Journal entry maintenance.
- Assist in cash flow management, including direct contact with customer/vendors
- Maintaining files
- Review client budgets
- Bank and credit card reconciliation
- Collection of unpaid invoices
- Financial reporting
- CRS reporting for GRT
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and fiscal management principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of all aspects of a small business, including business practices and procedures, management principles and practices, organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with a professional business demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Capacity to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, events, and activities with ease and effectiveness.
- Customer Service oriented.
- Organized, and attention to detail and accuracy.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Education: Two years of college or university work or completion of a specialized vocational/technical accounting program.
Experience: 5 years work experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed above. Preference given to those with experience in an agency environment (retainers). Knowledge of government agency fiscal guidelines a plus.
Special Skills:MUST be proficient (intermediate to advanced) in QuickBooks Pro 2010 and in MS Office Suite. Must type no less than 50 WPM.
Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 25 lbs. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Kesselman-Jones, Inc. PO Box 30182 Albuquerque, NM 87190
or via email to: HR@KessJones.com
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Kesselman-Jones is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.