Kesselman-Jones, Inc., a communications firm based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is looking for a Grant Administrator to join us on a special project. At Kesselman-Jones, Inc. we pride ourselves on being quick thinkers and hard workers who are passionate about bringing the best to our non-profit and government clients. If you have an eye for detail, experience with federal grand administration, especially in the education field, and a commitment to equity and community-centered work, we encourage you to apply.
Position: Full-time, 12-month contract through August 30, 2022.
Opportunity to extend, should more funding become available.
Location: In-person, Albuquerque, NM (following COVID protocols)
Focus: To support a federal grant for COVID-19 testing in schools throughout New Mexico.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Grant and Contract Management Support
– Prepares technical and financial reports; maintains various databases, records, files; maintains grant budgets and monitors grant expenditures
-Support grant awards processes and accountability
-Assist in the monitoring compliance with all funding requirements, providing technical assistance to school and school districts receiving grant and contract funds
– Use a personal computer and accounting software, including word processing, spreadsheet, database and other job-related applications and systems
– Prepares grant budgets and budget revisions, processes funds requests, follows acceptable accounting procedures, is responsible for grant reports, communications and audits
-Coordinate payments with grantees and other partners
-Support vendors, contractors, and sub-recipient agreements, monitoring, communication, and reporting requirements
-Act as a resource to the project manager
- Coordinate with Client and Internal and External Partners
-Provide information and respond to requests from the client, partners, and the Kesselman-Jones, Inc. team.
-Input data into a shared database
-Attend team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
· Must be highly experienced with QuickBooks Accounting
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field based on a specific position(s), or additional experience.
· Demonstrated track record in grant and finance management of similar programs and/or organizations is required
• Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook required. Familiarity with online task management platform (Asana, Monday.com) a plus.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving abilities.
• Detail orientated with the ability to quickly master subject matter and see it in the context of a broader operational framework.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and demonstrated ability to work across a range of personalities, and competencies.
• Must be able to work independently and autonomously.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to Visual/Video Display Terminal (VDT) and extensive personal computer usage and sitting.
Salary and Benefits
Annual Salary: $45,000 – $49,920
· Health Insurance
To apply, send a resume and a cover letter to Kesselman-Jones, Inc, firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply through indeed.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.63 – $24.00 per hour