Are you looking for an opportunity to support schools and communities as they navigate re-opening amidst COVID-19? Join an exciting project at Kesselman-Jones, Inc., a communications firm based in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We’re a team of quick thinkers and hard workers who are passionate about bringing the best to our non-profit and government clients.
This position is a part-time (up to 20 hours/week) Outreach Coordinator to support a communications and training campaign for COVID-19 testing in schools throughout New Mexico. It is a temporary position, scheduled to end in July 2022, with an opportunity to extend should more funding become available.
Responsibilities and Duties
The day-to-day of this position will be highly variable, but you can expect to be in constant contact with schools and their communities around the state of New Mexico, offering support and guidance as they navigate a grant award process.
Other duties may include:
· Responding to general inquiries from the public, both over the phone and through email.
· Supporting other team members in reaching out to community stakeholders.
· Drafting communications materials to explain COVID-19 testing and funding opportunities to school administrators and parents/caregivers.
This position may entail some travel or work in the evening hours and/or weekends, as required.
Qualifications and Skills
You might be a good fit for this position if…
· You are an excellent written and verbal communicator.
· You have a background in public health or education.
· You are a creative problem-solver.
· You have experience running virtual and/or in-person trainings.
· You are familiar with project management software, like Monday or Asana.
· You are used to intercultural communication and working with individuals with a diversity of experiences.
You might be a GREAT fit for this position if…
· You are already located in or willing to relocate to New Mexico.
· You are looking for a short-term opportunity for professional development.
· You have worked in a database or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
· You are fluent in Spanish and/or Diné Bizaad.
You should not apply to this position if…
· You are not comfortable learning new technology.
· You do not enjoy taking a project and running with it.
· You don’t have the patience to explain the same thing multiple times.
· You are not comfortable making phone calls and talking to people you don’t know personally.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $19.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
APPLY ON INDEED.COM