Being selected to speak at a conference recognizes your knowledge and expertise in your field. Don’t let this honor go unnoticed. Here are some ideas to promote your involvement and in turn, the conference.
- Are you on social media? Put an announcement on your Linked In, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Send a press release to your organization or association newsletter editor.
- Add a tag to your email signature.
- If the conference has a Facebook page, ‘Like’ it and be actively involved with the page, posting links to info related to the topic you are presenting that might be of interest to conference participants.
- Record a 60-90 second promotional YouTube video. If you have your own YouTube page, post it. Forward to the conference office to see if there is an appropriate place to post it on the conference site.
- Tweet about your specific session, and the conference in general, at least twice monthly, using the event hash tag if they have one.
- Send an email blast out to colleagues inviting them to the conference and to hear your presentation.
- Join existing conversations on the discussion group and share some details of your session.