The New Mexico Public Education Department, Safe and Healthy Schools Bureau is excited to announce that the 2020 School Health Education Institute (SHEI) will be held on July 27-28 as a virtual event.
Experts will share activities, tools, and resources to use in your classrooms. Attendees can choose from a variety of sessions covering information and resources regarding student and staff physical, emotional, and behavioral health in efforts to support the re-entry transition back to school.
What you need to know as a virtual attendee:
- BE ON TIME: We will start on time. The waiting room will open 10 minutes before the session. Use this time to chat with fellow attendees or the speaker or introduce yourself on chat!
- IDENTIFY YOURSELF: We request you include your full name in your Zoom profile. This will help the presenters and your fellow participants engage with you, as well as keep track of your attendance for CEU purposes.
- TURN VIDEO ON: This is a requirement of participation. We want to see you! Since we can’t be in person, let’s be face to face. It’s invaluable in making strong connections and shows your support of the presenter and fellow attendees.
- MUTE YOUR MIC: As you arrive into the meeting, you will be placed on mute. Please stay muted throughout the session, except when talking. Don’t worry, we’ll remind you.
- CHAT: The chat window is your friend. Use it to ask AND answer questions outside the prompt. If you have a technical issue, send a message through chat directly to the meeting host (not the speaker please.) You can also chat directly with a specific participant
- ENGAGE: Be engaged! The more you participate in the session, the more you will get out of it.
- CANCELLING: If your plans change and you will not be attending, we request you cancel by emailing SHEI@KessJones.com. Advance notice is helpful to presenters who may be planning activities based on participant numbers.